Current:Home > NewsRekubit Exchange:John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs -FinanceMind
Rekubit Exchange:John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
FinLogic FinLogic Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 11:33:04
It's been the year of musical chairs in the fashion industry,Rekubit Exchange and now, John Galliano is leaving his longtime home at Maison Margiela.
In an interview with Women's Wear Daily published Wednesday, Galliano confirmed his exit from the French luxury fashion house.
"As we are parting ways with this beautiful house, my heart overflows with joyous gratitude, and my soul smiles so I want to take this time to express it. I continue to atone, and I will never stop dreaming," Galliano told WWD.
He continued: "In inviting me to assume the position of artistic director in the house that Martin (Margiela) built, he gave me the greatest, most precious gift: The opportunity to once again find my creative voice when I had become voiceless."
The comments were made in reference to his infamous 2011 ouster from Christian Dior after a video surfaced of a 2011 rant at a Paris bar, where he made comments considered racist and antisemitic. That year, he was found guilty for two hate crimes. It followed a separate, similar incident at the same bar in 2010 a year earlier.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
But in 2014, Galliano made a career comeback at Margiela.
"Being brave enough to unlearn, to re-educate ourselves from the past – for it is societally learnt – to share, empathize, and practice compassion," he added.
Galliano continued, praising Margiela parent company president Renzo Russo who he said "took a risk" and gave him "a second chance," telling WWD that his hiring "told the fashion industry that it is at its best when we collectively support each other, not judge; when we accept, forgive, and help one another see the error of our ways."
Alessandro Michele named new creativedirector of Valentino after Gucci departure
Earlier this year, ex-Gucci head Alessandro Michele got back in his creative director bag, this time at Valentino, following Pier Paolo Piccioli's exit.
"Maison Valentino is honored to announce today the appointment of Alessandro Michele as Creative Director," the brand announced in a statement shared to social media at the time. "This appointment marks the beginning of a new journey to continue shining unique values of the brand, its heritage and couture codes in the world through Alessandro Michele’s unique perspective and wealth of experience."
Michele called the appointment "an incredible honor," adding, "I feel the immense joy and the huge responsibility to join a Maison de Couture that has the word 'beauty' carved on a collective story, made of distinctive elegance, refinement and extreme grace."
Chanel is also facing a shakeup as fashion onlookers await the naming of a new fashion creative director. WWD reported last month that Matthieu Blazy, the Bottega Veneta creative director, is a frontrunner for the brand's top spot.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (51)
Related
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer Sells Once Every 4 Seconds: Get 50% Off Before It's Gone
- Walgreens to close 1,200 US stores in an attempt to steady operations at home
- North Carolina governor candidate Mark Robinson sues CNN over report about posts on porn site
- Ethan Slater’s Reaction to Girlfriend Ariana Grande's Saturday Night Live Moment Proves He’s So Into Her
- Person accused of accosting Rep. Nancy Mace at Capitol pleads not guilty to assault charge
- Monsters' Cooper Koch Reveals NSFW Details About Show's Nude Shower Scene
- In Missouri, Halloween night signs were required in the yards of sex offenders. Until now
- 10-million-pound meat recall affects hundreds of products at Walmart, Target, Publix and more
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Hi Hi!
- Why young people continue to flee big cities even as pandemic has faded
Ranking
- Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
- Sister Wives' Christine Brown's Husband David Woolley Shares Update One Year Into Marriage
- Lupita Nyong'o Breaks Down in Tears Detailing Grief Over Black Panther Costar Chadwick Boseman’s Death
- Simu Liu Calls Out Boba Tea Company Over Cultural Appropriation Concerns
- Elon Musk's skyrocketing net worth: He's the first person with over $400 billion
- Sister Wives' Christine Brown's Husband David Woolley Shares Update One Year Into Marriage
- Which country has the best retirement system? Hint: It’s not the US.
- Mets hang on to beat Dodgers after early Game 2 outburst, tie NLCS: Highlights
Recommendation
At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
Travis Kelce Reacts All Too Well to His Date Night With Taylor Swift in NYC
Voters in California and Nevada consider ban on forced labor aimed at protecting prisoners
Florida returning to something like normal after Hurricane Milton
$73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
Deion Sanders says Travis Hunter is coming back from injury
Drone footage shows destruction left by tornado ripping through Florida solar farm before Milton
Adam Levine Crashes Wife Behati Prinsloo’s Workout Ahead of Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show